1. Collect an application form from our front office.
2. Provide the following documentation:
Scholarship Award Letter (Step Up For Students Recipients Only)
Original Physical Examination & Immunization Records
Photocopy of Birth Certificate
Photocopy of the student’s most recent report card
Photocopy of the student's most recent standardized test scores
Signed Record Release Form
Meet with Principal
Meet with Academic Committee
The Academic Committee, upon approval from the Executive School Board Committee, has the right to dismiss or reject the application any student if their academic and behavioral record reveal that they are not the best fit for this institution.
This school is open to all persons who possess a good moral character and demonstrate both reverence and a willingness to wholeheartedly observe all regulations of the school. Membership in the Seventh-day Adventist Church is not required, but it is understood that everyone who is accepted at Daughter of Zion Junior Academy thereby pledges to uphold Christian standards in speech and actions, in and out of school.
A) School Entrance
To be eligible for Pre-Kindergarten, the child must be three (3) or four (4) years old on or before September 1.
To be eligible for Kindergarten, the child must be five (5) years old on or before September 1, but not older than five (5 years) and nine (9) months.
To be eligible for the first grade, the child must be six (6) years old on or before September 1.
All Pre-school and Kindergarten students must be toilet trained.
Requests for exceptions to these policies must be given to the principal and submitted to the Education Department of the Southeastern Conference for an evaluation of both scholastic capabilities and developmental maturity. The student will be accepted only by written permission from the Southeastern Conference Education Department.
B) Admission and Registration
1. Complete an enrollment application - registration application is a binding contract.
2. Current medical forms:
Florida law requires that all children entering a school in the state of Florida should be immunized for the following: DPT, Polio, MMR (measles, mumps, rubella), Hepatitis B, and Haemophilus Influenza. A Florida certificate of immunization signed by a doctor is required. TB testing, as part of the school health examination, is required.
3. Proof of date of birth - Birth Certificate.
4. Full transcript of all credits and/or grades as well as the latest aptitude test results and/or standard achievement results earned in current or previous school(s). Transcripts must be mailed in by previous school(s). No application is complete without full transcripts and test scores.
5. Personal reference letters are required for all new students in grades 6-8 describing his/her class performance and/or behavior. (Ex: must be by pastor, mentor, or teacher, etc.).
6. Registration fee and first month’s tuition is required upon admittance.